If you are planning for a quick weekend getaway, it’s highly recommended that you pack your bags and head over to the beautiful coastal town of Port Dickson. Whether you are traveling solo or with a group, the region has a lot of exciting activities waiting for you. If it’s your first time to visit the place, here are some of the awesome things that you can do there:
- Ride a banana boat in Teluk Kemang. A visit to Port Dickson won’t be complete without trying their famous banana boats. There’s no shortage of these banana boats in Teluk Kemang which is the largest beach in town. You or your group can rent one of these boats. If you are concerned about your safety in the water, you can always get one of the guides to help you control the boat.
- Swim with mermaids at the Avillion. This is a great and fun-filled adventure especially for traveling families. Adults and kids alike are allowed to swim alongside the costumed mermaids. Participants will also receive high-quality underwater photos as souvenirs.
- Run and ride alongside ostriches at the famous Ostrich Farm. This farm is without a doubt one of the biggest attractions in Port Dickson. The ostriches here are tame and used to being around people so they don’t chase people the way they do in the wild. In fact, children are even allowed to ride some of the mature ostriches.
- Stay in a chalet hotel and enjoy the stylish and cozy amenities. The difference with staying in a chalet hotel in Port Dickson is that you get more personal services. You will feel more at home because of the warmer treatment from the staff. In addition, chalets are usually more affordable and you have better privacy.
- Enjoy a fun-filled day at the beach. The coastal town has several beaches that you can choose from. A lot of these beaches are maintained by nearby resorts. You can have picnics, play sports like volleyball, or go snorkeling in some of the coast’s hidden coves.
Port Dickson offers a lot more on top of the activities discussed above. There are so many other things that you can enjoy there like horseback riding, hiking, jet skiing, scuba diving, and snorkeling. That said, you should definitely take the time to explore the coast which is literally lined with beautiful beaches and resorts. You’ll be surprised how vibrant these places can be.