Do you hear the festive jingles on radio and at the KL malls? Maybe your office colleagues are talking about a year-end bonus? Or perhaps your partner or kids are dropping hints for the coming holidays.
You really can’t ignore it any longer – Christmas and New Year’s are approaching! If you’re dreading this time of year because you’re out of ideas on what to do with your loved ones in KL, then you’re in luck.
The capital has so much to offer if you’re keen on spending some memorable days or even a special night with your family on these year-end holidays. Read on to see five of the best places you can enjoy a lavish Christmas and New Year in KL.
- The SkyBar. If you’re looking to spice the night up with your partner with plenty of drinks and a great view of the city, then you have to check out this rooftop bar overlooking KLCC Park.
If you’re lucky enough to book a New Year’s Eve spot at this upscale bar, you’re guaranteed one of the best views of the midnight fireworks show that’s typically held at KLCC.
- Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa. Maybe you just want to wine and dine over fancy dinner before heading over to a couple’s massage and finally winding down in a posh hotel room with plenty of calls to room service?
Then check out the Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa, a luxurious 5-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur located right next to one of the most recognizable city landmarks: the Sunway Pyramid.
Got a family that likes to eat? There’s always a fantastic buffet spread for Christmas and New Year’s. Or, you can stay up and watch the Sunway Lagoon Volcano fireworks show on New Year’s Eve from the comfort of your room.
- Merdeka Square. Want to hit the streets and join in on the festive mood? Then head to one of the oldest New Year’s Eve scenes at Merdeka Square. There’s plenty of traditional singing and dancing acts – that try to outdo themselves each year; marching bands, and of course, fireworks.
Or, simply stroll along the square and watch entertaining buskers serenade you with impromptu songs.
- Pavilion KL. There’s plenty to see and do at Bukit Bintang, but if you’re looking for a white Christmas then you should definitely visit Pavilion KL. It was previously home to the tallest Christmas tree (made from fancy crystals too) in Asia and you can enjoy falling snow (it’s not real, but who cares?) at the main entrance!
The decorations and in-house promotions in all its stores are sure to put a smile on even the meanest Grinch.
- The Curve. Okay, The Curve isn’t technically in KL, but this mall in PJ deserves a mention for some of the best Christmas and New Year’s shows in town that attracts bigger droves of people each year.
Usually, the mall puts on a Christmas-themed family entertainment throughout December, but there’s plenty of wild fun to be had for couples at its bars and cafes that compete for the best celebrations on New Year’s.
Some claim its annual year-end fireworks is among the best too.
Now that you’ve read about the five best places to posh up your festive season, pick up that phone and make a booking. With only weeks left, those hints from your loved ones aren’t going to get any subtler!
Remember next time around too that KL has plenty of hidden gems to last you and your family a lifetime of Christmases and New Years.