Human Resources Department is rapidly growing into prominence in Malaysia because of the country’s ever-improving economy. The rise of companies has opened a lot of opportunities for people who want to work in the department that oversees the hiring and management of employees. If you think that you have the skills and the qualifications to work in Human Resources, now is the time to polish your resume and start job-hunting. Below are some of the most important reasons why you should pursue a career in HR:
- It offers ample opportunities for the advancement of your career. Keep in mind that when you work within a company’s HR department, you are part of the administration. This means you will be rubbing shoulders with the most important people in the company. If you perform an excellent job, you will always be in contention for promotions. This is because you are among the most visible people within the company. It’s an established fact that HR employees have the fastest promotion rate in most business organizations.
- The compensation is usually higher compared to other company positions. Of course, your salary will largely depend on the size of the company you joined, but expect your pay scale to be higher in relation to other entry-level jobs within the same organization. Furthermore, HR employees are often eligible to bonuses and other performance-based compensations.
- It offers a great platform for you to learn about running businesses. If you have plans on striking out on your own and start a business, working on HR would be a great training ground. As an HR employee, you will be exposed to almost all aspects of the company. You will be working alongside sales people, marketing people, suppliers, team leaders, procurement officers, and other employees. Daily interactions with these people will teach you everything you need to know about operating a business.
- You will serve a very important role in the company. For a lot of HR people, the most rewarding aspect of the job is the feeling of fulfillment, knowing that you are contributing to the success of the company. It boosts your morale, improves your self-confidence, and makes you a more effective worker in general.
- It allows you to nurture critical connections with other companies and organizations. This can come in handy should you decide to apply for better jobs in other companies. The connections you made with other companies during your tenure will make it easier for you to find greener pastures. In fact, these connections might even serve as your ticket to climbing the corporate ladder within your own company.
In conclusion, a job in human resources is a very rewarding one. It will benefit your career in more ways than one. It can serve as a stepping stone for your bigger career goals. It’s also worth mentioning here that many of company presidents and CEOs today started from HR then worked their way to the top. You can look at this as a source of inspiration in pursuing your own ambitions. So what are you waiting for? Get your resume ready and start looking for human resources job vacancies now. As we mentioned earlier, there’s no shortage of HR positions in Malaysia if you take the time to hunt around.