A lot of Malaysians are under the impression that taking a business course in Malaysia is the last resort for those who have no solid direction in their career plans. They couldn’t be more wrong. There are five smart reasons as to why you should take up a business course. Not only will the skills you gain serve you well in your career, but your life would also be better:
- Project and resource management
A solid foundation in managing projects and resources is very useful when you enter the workforce. No matter what type of work you find yourself in, you’ll be expected to manage projects thrown your way and manage the resources at your disposal as wisely as you can to save cost. Most companies aim for projects done with the least amount of costs incurred, so being able to handle them right will definitely serve you well.
- The ability to understand, interpret, and use financial data
Plenty of people gets nervous when faced with numerical data and processing them as there are a lot to digest. It takes a special skill to be able to do so on such short notice. In a business course, you’ll learn how to understand, interpret, and use financial data from the get-go. The more you’re used to it, the more advantage you’ll have over other employees.
- Develop critical thinking skills
Whether in your career or your life, critical thinking skills such as logical thinking, decision making, problem-solving, and analytical thinking all play a huge role in determining how successful your career and life will be. Not everyone has the capacity and the chance to develop such skills. The more you learn how to, the more valuable and useful you’ll be in any situation.
- The ability to understand economic fluctuations Economic stability and other external changes that affect businesses are not something that is easily understood by the public in general. It takes experts and learned individuals to be able to comprehend the situation and what they can predict to save their businesses. You can avoid many financial damages to your company if you have some understanding of this.
- Become more skillful in presentation and report writing
In any line of work, you’ll be expected to present your ideas, thoughts, or any other issues to your co-workers or clients, as well as put them into writing. A business course will require you to do more of them, which makes you more skillful once you enter the workforce.
A typical business course in Malaysia normally puts a lot of emphasis on entrepreneurship, combined with other useful subjects such as marketing, finance, and accounting. Even if you’re not into building your own business, you could use these transferable skills to work in sales, marketing, teaching, or practically any department where your knowledge would come in handy.