If you’re looking for a nice place to spend the holiday season, you should seriously consider packing your bags and head over to Port Dickson. The coastal town has a lot of attractions that are perfect for both solo and group travelers. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most interesting places in town:
- Teluk Kemang – Port Dickson is quite well-known for its beaches and it so happens that some of the best beaches can be found here in Teluk Kemang. This place is also not too populated so the stretches of beaches are more tranquil.
- Pengkalan Kempas – If you’re a history buff, you will enjoy touring this place. It’s home to several stone relics and a tomb believed to be the burial ground of an ancient Malaysian theologian.
- The Waterfront – An esplanade with the vast sea spread out in front, this place is great for romantic dates and family gatherings. Lining the esplanade are booths and establishments offering food, drinks, souvenirs, and entertainment. As a bonus, the sunset here is also amazing.
- The Blue Lagoon Beach – Secluded and surrounded by lush vegetation, this stretch of beach makes for a great getaway. The water’s edge is shallow and unusually calm so children can safely play and swim in it. Recreational fishing is also allowed in the area so you might want to bring along with you a fishing pole and some bait.
- Cape Rachado Lighthouse – This lighthouse is historical in the sense that it dates back to the period when the Portuguese still ruled the region. At the top of the lighthouse, you can see a stunning view of the surrounding sea and hills. It’s also a popular spot for bird-watching.
- The Live 3D Art Gallery – Looking for something fun, quirky, and artsy? Then go visit this gallery which features numerous 3D pictures. The pictures cover a wide array of themes which include Hollywood celebrities, prehistoric animals, monsters, superheroes, and iconic buildings.
Whether you’re traveling alone, with friends, or with your family, Port Dickson has got you covered as far as interesting places to see are concerned. You’ll never get bored in the city. To better experience the region’s sights and sounds, it’s advisable that you book a chalet in Port Dickson. Chalets are perfect for both solo and group travelers. They have relaxing amenities to help you rest and rejuvenate after a day of roaming around the coastal town. They also offer a different experience courtesy of the cozy and quirky atmosphere.